The Pharmasmart system dramatically reduces pharmaceutical waste disposal costs by re-classifying non-hazardous waste.
Improperly disposed pharmaceutical waste poses a threat to staff, patients, and our environment. The Pharmasmart is America’s leading non-hazardous pharmaceutical waste container designed with inbuilt permanent security locks, manufactured with anti-shatter material, and locking wall brackets that prevent unauthorized removal or retrieval of substances.
In many healthcare facilities, all pharmaceutical waste is disposed of as RCRA hazardous - the most expensive waste disposal method of all healthcare waste streams. Additionally, rarely are RCRA containers designed with clinically-appropriate safety or security mechanisms, putting the facility at risk of unauthorized drug-retrieval.
The Daniels Pharmasmart provides healthcare facilities with not only heightened drug safety and security protocols, but significant opportunities for cost savings. Here's how :
- Less than 90% of all pharmaceutical waste is non-hazardous
- The RCRA hazardous waste stream costs a minimum 100% more to dispose of than non-hazardous pharmaceutical waste
- Non-Hazardous pharmaceutical waste can be compliantly treated through a normal medical waste incinerator, RCRA Hazardous waste must be treated at a premium through a licensed hazardous waste incinerator
- As all RCRA Hazardous containers are disposable, each container fill incurs a disposal cost for the container plastic, plus avoidable landfill burden.
- By diverting 90% of waste from RCRA black bins into reusable Pharmasmart containers, significant cost savings will be realized
Non-compliant pharmaceutical waste disposal can result in hefty fines through non-compliance and public relations crisis. Our clinically-engineered safety containers, together with bespoke education, training, waste audits, and reporting all collectively drive best practice pharmaceutical waste management compliance. Learn here how we lowered one hospital's pharmaceutical waste management costs by 50% in just 8 months! By making the switch to reusable non-hazardous waste containers, you will improve your safety, drug security, environmental outcomes… and cost!
THE PHARMASMART CAN HELP...
- Eliminate purchasing, storage and landfill costs associated with single-use containers for the capture of non-hazardous pharmaceutical waste
- Protect staff and patients in eliminating risk of medication diversion and abuse. Dual locking mechanisms and secure key-locked wall brackets prevent against unauthorized container removal
- Reduce your facility's carbon footprint. For every 3-gallon Daniels Pharmasmart container used, you save 788 containers from being manufactured and landfilled