Regulated Medical Waste Disposal
A Safer Solution Designed for You.
Servicing thousands of healthcare practices across the United States; we provide scalable and cost-effective biomedical waste management services for all sized facilities. Low to high medical waste volumes, single site or multi-site, surgery center or skilled nursing.
Cradle to Grave Medical Waste Management
Given its potential infectious nature, stringent regulations govern the collection, transport and disposal of biohazardous waste management. Regulated medical waste (also known as RMW, biohazardous waste, biomedical or infectious waste) is, according to US law, the responsibility of the generator from disposal through to final treatment. This "cradle to grave" responsibility means choosing a waste management partner that has full responsibility for bins, transport and treatment is important! Unlike many other RMW companies, Daniels has the operational finesse, licensing and compliance expertise to protect the safety risk and regulatory responsibilities of healthcare facilities and manages everything from supply of bins, to pickup, manifesting and treatment. Daniels Health, the biohazardous waste disposal experts. Find more biological waste management information here.
In healthcare, hazardous waste contributes to 15% of healthcare realted waste, the remaining 85% is considered non-hazardous waste. Hazardous waste is any waste with properties that make it potentially dangerous or harmful to human health or the environment. Learn more about hazardous waste management.
We help you eliminate red bags
Biomedical waste removal in the United States has been nicknamed “red bag waste”, but as time goes by it's becoming more widely recognized that bags are not an acceptable containment for biohazardous waste disposal from a sustainability, safety (healthcare workers or cleaners getting stuck by a wrongly discarded sharp, or being exposed to spilled infectious substances), cost and supply chain perspective.
The future of healthcare waste management | What Daniels will deliver in place of plastic bags?
- Reusable sharps containers with permanent safety locks that don’t need to be placed in bags or cardboard boxes
- Medismart – our industry-leading bagless solution for regulated medical waste that prevents spillage, leakage and cross-contamination
- Sustainable treatment methods, and education on how to segregate waste effectively to drive a reduction in medical waste volumes
- Biohazard waste disposal that is safe, cost-effective and clinically innovative
Learn more about biomedical waste management and how Daniels Health can provide your business with regulated medical waste disposal
Meet the Medismart
A new frontier of infection-control in medical waste disposal, the Medismart is engineered to the highest clinical standard, protecting healthcare staff in infectious waste handling.
- Hands-free, touchless disposal
- Bagless, zero assembly
- Sanitized robotically after fill
Find out more about biohazard waste disposal and how Daniel's Health can provide your business needs with medical waste management solutions.
Simplifying Medical Waste Management
RMW Containers and Resources
We Stand By Our Services
"Daniels is a true partner..."
Daniels has always been professional, courteous and responsiveness to our needs. A pleasure to work with in all phases of the business, from customer service to delivering outcomes necessary in a very competitive marketplace. Daniels contributes to our organization from the standpoint of Safety, Productivity, Quality and Environmental awareness. Daniels is not just a solutions provider, but a true partner in our business.Tim Underwood, GM Facilities – Aramark, Ingalls Memorial Hospital
Daniels impact on efficiency...
Switching to Medismart saved our organization nearly $13,000. We also reduced the non-productive time that my staff had been spending switching over disposable sharps containers, and the number of trips for one of my staff members to pick up RMW containers, by 50%. That allowed us to focus more on the cleaning of the hospital in other areas.Steve Egbert, CHESP, General Manager, Sodexo, Crittenton Hospital Medical Center
"Reduces our footprint..."
We take pride in improving our environmental footprint; this is one of the reasons we selected Daniels Health for medical waste removal services. Daniels technology reduces our waste footprint and needlestick injuries. Our working relationship with Daniels has been simple, reliable and easy for the hospital. I would readily recommend Daniels to other healthcare facilities.Bill Brandow, EVS Director, Anniston Regional Medical Center