Enhancing Infection Control with Waste Management
Who would have thought that in 2020 infection control would become one of the most commonly search google terms across a global landscape. Where “sanitizing” your hands would become the norm in all social settings outside of a hospital, and where the cleanliness of a clinical environment would be escalated to one of the top risk management priorities of every patient care facility in the world.
Through this same infection control lens, we look at current medical waste management challenges in patient-care settings:
- Medical Waste Bins in patient rooms – who cleans the bins?
- Reg bag removal, manual cardbox box assembly, direct contact with disposed medical waste
- Hand “touch” of medical bin lids to open or close
- Punctured bags or cardboard boxes causing spillage in clinical areas
- Direct ground contamination with containers being moved between the loading dock and clinical areas
We need to break the chain of infection by eliminating medical waste “touches”
Daniels' touchless medical waste bin has redefined contamination-free waste disposal in hospitals, pharmacies and patient care environments.
THE MEDISMART REDUCES CROSS-CONTAMINATION RISK BY...
- Touchless. Contactless. Mobile, and Foot pedal Operated
- Zero cross-contamination with “floor-resistant” design
- Robotically sanitized to a 6log bacterial load kill
Explore Contamination-Free Waste Management.
To learn more about modern waste containment that supports infection control, view our medical waste containers here. OR... if you're interested in understanding how Daniels Health could transform your healthcare waste management processes, book some time in with one of our specialists - we would love to understand your safety, infection control and environmental goals.
EMAIL US FOR A CONSULTATION REQUEST A QUOTE
Partnering with Daniels delivers clinical outcomes
Brands we partner with
We are proud to have been chosen by over 8,200 US facilities as vendor of choice for healthcare waste services, including our very first customer that we signed 21 years ago! Here are some of the brands we protect