The Daniels Chemosmart system introduces a new modern standard of Trace Chemotherapy waste management.
Whether in a bulk liquid aqueous form or trace residue, chemotherapy substances are harmful to humans and the environment and need to be managed with strict clinical oversight. Daniels Chemosmart containers deliver the industry's first "no touch" trace chemotherapy waste disposal solution designed to minimize infection risk, protect staff in the disposal of drug contaminated sharps, IV bags, tubing and PPE, and significantly reduce plastic waste and costs from the chemotherapy waste stream.
A standard disposable chemotherapy containment system typically requires 7 touches! From container assembly to disposal into secondary packaging for transport, it encounters unnecessary risk, costs in staff labor and, through spill-risk and hand-required operation, exposes the potential for cross-contamination. The Chemosmart provides:
- Handsfree operation reducing any potential infection transfer risk
- Mobile systems allow the containers to be as close as possible to the point of generation
- Reusability eliminates labor required to assemble and package for transportation and the risk to staff
- Dual containers provide on the spot segregation of PPE and Sharps, reducing risk for staff disposing of the waste
- Each reusable container saves 500+ disposable plastic containers from landfill
- Eliminates the cost of disposable container purchases