Medical waste management needs a rethink
At Daniels, we have a new philosophy when it comes to staff and patient safety around healthcare waste
The United States is one of the few countries in the world where a cardboard box is deemed an acceptable collection unit for regulated medical waste. Why is it a minority? Because countless studies, injuries and contamination incidents have deemed it to be a waste stream that requires a lot more care in handling and disposal. At Daniels we led the world in a new thought revolution when we introduced the Medismart container – leakproof, 100% mobility for point-of-care access, secure locking mechanisms, and foot pedal operation. The Medismart is just one of the initiatives Daniels have initiated to drive a safer change in healthcare waste management.
Safety-Designed Medical Waste Systems
When a cardboard box for medical waste just won’t cut it in a beautiful patient environment!
When we sought out to change the way medical waste was managed in the United States, we started with ‘would we place a cardboard box full of waste in our home environment’. The answer was no, so why would this be acceptable for a patient room? Across all 50 states, Daniels provides the safest, most secure, and most clinically advanced sharps, pharmaceutical and medical waste containers for healthcare facilities, combatting issues commonly associated with medical waste disposal including medications theft, leaking, needlestick injuries and cross contamination.
Our Radical Approach
Our Radical approach seeks to:
- Eliminate or significantly reduce red bag waste
- Eliminate needlestick injury risk with engineered sharps containment systems
- Eliminate the purchasing and assembly of single-use disposable containers
- Optimize costs through right-sized containers and accurate scheduling
- Minimize your risk exposure – It is our drivers and our trucks that will service your facility
- Make waste flow invisible and unobtrusive; minimizing disruption to patient care
- Be transparent (especially in our pricing) and make you happy!
Our people are wonderful!
Not to say that other companies don’t have great people! But… we think ours are exceptional.
As a company and a team, we are very clinically focused. We’re not waste-focused. We want to help you drive clinical outcomes, not just act as a courier that picks up your red bags from a cleaning cupboard or loading dock! Our people live by our vision of making healthcare safer, and are focused on delivering a superior customer experience, because we know that everything we do every day either enhances or detracts from your ability to deliver an excellent standard of patient care.
How We Serve You
Across 6 countries, Daniels has become a brand name synonymous with healthcare innovation and service
In 34 years Daniels have become experts in delivering solutions for the niche requirements of healthcare. Today over 125,000 services are fulfilled annually across the United States by Daniels owned and operated fleet. From small practices to large medical facilities, our scalable business model ensures that every customer receives:
- Timely scheduled services with clear transparent communication
- Minimum disruption to patient care
- Safety and Security underpinning all biohazardous waste handling practices
- A positive and friendly customer experience
- Cost-effective customized solutions that guarantee efficiencies and maximize savings