Daniels containers feature two unique lid openings that compliment all types of healthcare environments in both the protection of patients and healthcare workers, and driving waste disposal efficiencies in fast-paced clinical settings.
For sharps and pharmaceuticals particularly, safety and unauthorized access are both significant considerations when choosing a healthcare waste container. Daniels inbuilt safety tray design (aka our "regular container") mitigates both overfill risk as well as eliminating content access and ensuring the highest irretrievability standard in the industry. In secure areas however without unguarded patient access our full-opening "access plus" design enhances rapid deposition of sharps, chemotherapy waste and pharmaceuticals, while offering the protection of contents in permanent container locking and secure transit.
When to utilize a Regular Daniels Sharps Container
- In areas with non-clinical foot traffic permitted
- In wards and patient rooms where patients are unsupervised
- In all settings where safety or security is paramount
When to utilize an Access Plus Daniels Sharps Container
- In the OR where rapid deposition of sharps is required
- In secure non-patient areas where bulky items require disposal
- In pharmacies where exposure will be to authorized staff only
Both our Regular and Access Plus containers are designed with temporary locks for safe movements, permanent safety locks for irretrievability when full, a fill level panel to distinguish when contents have reached their maximum advised fill volume and a dovetail slot on the rear of the container enabling interchangeable mounting on all Daniels stands, wall brackets and mobile trolleys.